Thursday, April 23, 2009

Spring Fever

I am so glad it is Spring. I love this time of year. The girls and I have been spending a lot of time outside in the yard. My girls really love to be outdoors, so it often ends in tears when it is time to come inside! Gee (Shay's dad) brought the girls a sandbox this week. They love it! They had been telling all of us about their friend, Dyllan's sandbox and how much they love playing in it. So, Shay's grandmother told Gee to get the girls their own sandbox!! They have so much fun playing outside in it! I have mixed feelings....I know they have so much fun playing in it and I love watching them, but then again....it is SO messy! Emmerson comes in with sand from head to toe! I have to take her straight the bathtub!!! I then have to clean the bathtub because there is a layer of sand after bathing both of the girls! I think most of the sand collects in the little rolls under Em's neck....where she drools from cutting teeth and is constantly wet from her mouth to her belly button! She is cutting about 4 back teeth all at one time, so she drools a lot right now! Addy loves to build sand castles and play with her barbies in the sandbox. She is so imaginative and comes up with all kinds of things! It is so interesting to listen to her play! Last night she had me help her write our babysitter a note! We wrote, "I love Mary Love, Addy". It took quite a while because I have found that she is pretty much a perfectionist! We have worked on writing letters, but not too much...she has no patience with me teaching her! She really does pretty good for just turning 4. She has been writing her own name for a while, but it was really neat to see her writing other letters and understanding so much! She would get so frustrated if her letters didn't look right, and we would start all over! Mrs. Mary, our sitter, was very excited to see her note this morning! Addy also wrote a note to her Daddy...that was much easier because that had a lot of the same letters as her name!!! Shay is off to another track meet tomorrow and then to the Regional meet next weekend....never a dull moment! We are really hoping his schedule slows down a little this summer! I am ready for a break as well. In many ways this year has flown by, but I am still ready for summer so that we can get a little rest! And so Tracy and Richard and Laurie and Steve can come visit!!! Sorry I just babbled on today...have a wonderful weekend! 

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Thanks for the update! Summer is a-comin'!!